Job Ready Program

From 1 Jan 2010, all onshore applicants who applied for PR under the General Skilled Migration will need to go through a "Job Ready Test" by Trades Recognition Australia (TRA). This applied only to the applicants who are on "trade skill occupations"; Chef, Hairdresser...etc... please check out the list yourself or email me if you need the list.

This "Job Ready Program" is part of skill assessment by TRA.

The program is not likely to make overseas students happy due to the cost and strict criteria that must be met in order to satisfy the requirements of the program.

It is important to note that the Job Ready Program;
- Only applies to applicants for onshore General Skilled Migration visas.
- This requirement will apply for applications lodged on or after 1 January 2010.
- Only applies to applicants in trades assessed by Trades Recognition Australia (TRA)
- Costs a maximum of $4550.00.

The following visa subclasses are subject to the job ready requirement:
- Skilled; Independent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 885)
- Skilled; Sponsored (Residence) Visa (Subclass 886)
- Skilled; Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 487)

A key aim of the "Job Ready Program" is to provide the "job ready applicants" to Australian employers. Job ready migrants are more likely to find employment quickly, which leads to improved settlement outcomes in Australia.

Assessment through the Job Ready Program ensures that applicants for skilled migration have the skills and knowledge to perform their nominated occupation within the Australian workplace.

BIG BIG NOTES that this is not applied for the "offshore" applicants.. :)

Seems that things are getting harder. It's wise to consult with your lawyer or registered migration agent; just like me... :)

email enquiry

As I have lots of email enquiries from all over the wold regarding, migrating to Australia. It is for your interest to provide me with all your information, so that I can give you the best possible advise. Your resume is always helpful do determine the eligibility of the visa category to migrate to Australia.

In your resume, I would prefer to have:
- Age, date of birth
- Nationality
- Education history (after high school)
- English level skill, IELTS result will be perfect
- Working experience in detail; starting date and finishing date of each job and your main duties while you are/were working there.
- Your marriage status
- Number of your dependence kid/s

More detail, is better!!!

If you are marriage, detail of your spouse as well. Same information as above.

Please feel free to send me an email. It's all FREE services, anyway.
Love to help.... :)

Skills Assessmen change from 1 Jan 2010

From 1 January 2010, applicants for Subclasses 487, 885 and 886 must have obtained a suitable skills assessment from the relevant skills assessing authority prior to making their visa application.

There will be changes to Skills assessment for onshore general skill migrants:
- Skilled – Independent (Residence), subclass 885
- Skilled – Sponsored (Residence), subclass 886, and
- Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional), subclass 487

All these 3 subclasses need to have skills assessment done before lodge the application. These changes will take effect from 1 Jan 2010.

Skill assessment can take up to 30 working days, depends on the skills assessing authority. But, remember that 1 month is only 20 working days (Mon-Fri). Therefore, 30 working days is in fact 1.5 month.

Seems that things are getting tougher.

If you are in doubt, get an expert to help you out.

Most of overseas students will usually fall into "Skilled – Independent (Residence), subclass 885". It is good to know these changes...

AoS for Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801)

AoS is the Assurance of Support that sometime Department of Immigration will ask some of the Partner Visa applicants to have, for the application to be processed. It base on case-by-case basis and it also depend on the case officer. Usually the case officer will ask the applicant to have the AoS in the case of the sponsor (partner) have a lower income. For example, the sponsor (partner) is a student and got no income.

AoS will be assessed by CentreLink, not Department of Immigration. The result of AoS assessment will be forwarded to Department of Immigration. Only if the result is positive, then the Partner Visa application will be processed.

The assurer(s) need to have some certain income to be able to become a guarantor for the applicant. There are many factors involve in assuring someone for the migration purposes. These are a few factors that I will illustrated here:
- number of adult assurees (visa applicants)
- number of assurers; the assurers can be a few people, using combined income to become a guarantor for the visa applicants
- there will differences if the assurer is a single person, married, have kid(s) or no kid. The amount of income threshold will be different.

To get up to date figure on the "income threshold" of the assurer, the best place to call is CentreLink at 132850. They will provide you with valueable information. Usually, the case officer from Department of Immigration will not provide this information to the visa applicant as this part of the job is not part of Department of Immigration. It's job that need be done by CentreLink.

Skilled – Independent (Residence) visa (subclass 885)

As most of overseas students are graduating this month, there are lots of people rushing to submit their PR application "Skilled – Independent (Residence) visa (subclass 885)" before 1 Jan 2010. Especially, students who will be using "trade occupation" to apply.

To beat the date-line there are 2 things that everyone need to know. As I got a few enquiries regarding this. So, I will put in this blog so that everyone can read and have a better understanding about some of the requirement for "Skilled – Independent (Residence) visa (subclass 885)".

1. You don't need to wait for your medical check-up and its result, to be able to lodge your application. You can just use the receipt from the appointment or booking (if you done online) to submit with your PR application.

2. Same as "skill assessment", you don't need to wait for your skill assessment result as it can take very long. The receipt from post office (recommended to use registered post) is good enough to submit with your PR application.

Once you get the result from both medical check-up and skill assessment, then you can submit that information to the Department of Immigration later.

ways to get in touch with me...

As it is not always easy to get me on my mobile phone, unless you are locally live here in Australia. All clients need to have an appointment to be able to meet up. Appointment can be done in many ways:

- Phone call, yeah... can be a bit hard if I am having a meeting with other client. There are numerous occasion when people called me late at night. Sorry guys, I won't answer my phone late at night. I am just a normal person like you all that need time to rest, relax and enjoy my life too... :) And of course, I don't work on Sunday, so please don't call me on Sunday... (SMS is OK)

As very much that I want to get back to all of my clients who called me, it is important not to use "private number" to call me as sometime I not available to answer your call and I will be able to call you back only if the number is not listed as a "private number".

- SMS, yeah... this one is easy. I can get back to you faster with SMS. Any appointment, can be done via SMS at +61412470969. I usually can get back to you via SMS real fast until I am with other clients.

- email is also good. I usually get back to you within 24 hours. Please take note that I purposely space out my email from "@", that is to prevent spammers from sending me junkmails. When you want to email me, please get rid of that space at the "@" sign.

- Skype also can be very handy. I have been Skyped with a few people around the world now. Glad to be able to give some advice to whoever might need help or clarify some Australia Immigration issues.

I hope that people will find ways to get in touch with me easier now... :)
There are a whole range of communication methods that can be used.

private health insurance for Tourist visa

I strongly encourage anyone who are here on your Tourist Visa to get your private health insurance done. Or, spend a bit more on your travel insurance. Although "private health insurance" may not compulsory for Tourist Visa, it is worthwhile to do as the medical cost in Australia is very high. Just in case of you are falling sick or some unpredicted incidents happen.

Some elderly Tourist Visa applicants may be asked by the immigration case officer to get a private health insurance while younger applicants may not be asked. This is part of a common practice. Please don't be surprise. But, it's for your own good... :)

Spouse Visa granted in 3 working days

Good news to be shared.

The Spouse Visa application of one of my client was lodged on 3rd Dec last week.
The visa was granted this week on 8th Dec; that is 3 working days.

As you can see that, things can be done if we plan ahead and get all relevant documents ready.

One case done, time to move on into another cases that I have in hand at the moment.

Migrants drive rise in degrees

NEW statistics suggest Australia is closer than expected to the federal government's target of 40 per cent of 25 to 34-year-olds with bachelor degrees by 2025.

The latest Education and Work statistics from the Australian Bureau of Statistics indicate that the proportion of 24 to 34-year-olds with bachelor degrees jumped this year to 34.6 per cent from 31.9 per cent in 2008.

Andrew Norton, research fellow at the Centre for Independent Studies, points out that it was only in May that government warned that without policy changes the proportion wasn't likely to reach 34 per cent until 2025.

Mr Norton said the data suggested the expansion envisaged by the government may not need to be as big as expected.

"The big question is what role migration is playing here and if we turn off the migrant tap, which we are already doing to an extent, will there be a much slower rate of growth," Mr Norton said.

Demographer Bob Birrell of Monash University said the increase this year was partly the result of a large domestic cohort working its way into the 25-34 age bracket, but was mainly driven by immigration. "The increase in the proportion of 25 to 34-year-olds with degrees is certainly not due to any recent increase in domestic training," Dr Birrell said.

"We aren't doing enough to train locals in the skills needed for the future since most of the net growth in jobs in Australia is in

occupations which require a degree of as a minimum entry point."

But Mr Norton said the relatively high number of graduates staying in jobs that did not require their degrees raised doubts over the extent to which we need more bachelor degree holders, as opposed to diplomas and vocational qualifications.

He noted that the Education and Work numbers show the proportion of graduates in jobs not requiring their degrees had risen to 27.4 per cent this year from 26.3 per cent last year. "It suggests our policy makers should be cautious about promoting a large expansion in university enrolment."