The full details of the four stages of the Job Ready Program are still being finalised by TRA, and a fuller report of these will be available as soon as further clarification from TRA as been receive. Some details about Stage 1, the Provisional Skills Assessment, are:
- Amount of work experience: two days per week for six months. TRA will be flexible about this and look at it on a case-by-case basis. It could be work on a regular basis or in holiday periods.
- Work as part of a course (for example, industry placement) can be counted towards the requirement, providing it is in a commercial environment.
- Overseas work experience does not count – must be in an Australian workplace.
- Unpaid work can be counted, providing this was legally conducted.
- Level of work experience expected is at about the 1st/2nd year apprentice level. For example, work as a kitchen hand may be counted for a skills assessment as a cook. A range and variety of tasks is the important thing.
- IELTS results up to 2 years old can be submitted.
- For old system TRA assessments, you would provide the old assessment and IELTS results. In this case, you would lodge electronically and the fee would be waived
more detail is coming real soon... keep your eyes open... :)